LOOKING BACK AT 2018
Come Celebrate With Us!
This Sunday, February 3, is our Annual Meeting at West Pines. This is a time to celebrate God's goodness to our church family. Here are a few of the things we will celebrate:
- New salvations / members
- Strengthening of ministries
- Encouraging spirit in our worship & preaching services
- Missions effectiveness, both local & international
- Financial blessings - our balance sheet is $98,709.06 better at the end of 2018 than it was at the end of 2017. WOW!!! Praise the Lord!!!
- Our church has great servants who are committed to following Ephesians 4:11-16 as they do "the work of the ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ" (v.12)
And in the area of serving, I want to encourage you to get involved in serving in some way here at West Pines. We are partnering with a church-based ministry called VOMO. It's a ministry to help organize and encourage volunteers in local churches like ours. The pastors here at West Pines really believe that a serving church is a Biblical, healthy church. And we believe partnering with VOMO will help us be more effective in getting the people of West Pines engaged and available to serve, so that you can make a difference in someone's life. Click on the link below so that you can find in order to sign up with VOMO.
*Click the "Log In" button in top right of screen
*Press "Want to join your organization?" at the bottom of the page
*Use the code WPBCHURCH to join our organization
*Create your account (fill in your simple personal info to do this)
VOMO will notify you of service opportunities where you can use your spiritual gifts and our church, community, and world will be a better place because of your willingness to serve.
As I close, let me share what I believe are three benefits for YOU as you serve:
1. You will be following in the steps of Jesus with your obedience to serve others.
2. You will be used by God to encourage someone.
3. You will make new friends as you serve together.
We will talk more about VOMO at the meeting on Sunday.
See you then.